Having spent the harsh Canadian winter of 2014 in the studio recording their new album with producer Tino Zolfo (Carly Rae Jepson, Hawksley Workman), Madison Violet are now set to release "Year of the Horse" in the fall of 2015. Influenced by pop, electro, disco and folk, the new songs are a fresh direction for the Juno-nominated Lisa MacIsaac and Brenley MacEachern who for years have honed their skills as writers, multi-instrumentalists and performers. Madison Violet has culminated a batch of infectious songs (including their single 'These Ships') that will speak to new audiences, while showcasing the unique voices and amazing musicianship their fan base has grown to love.
Receiving a mass of acclaim from media outlets, Madison Violet made dedicated fans of even the most hard-to-crack critics. Ultimately, they captured the attention of Mojo Magazine, landing their song "Small Of My Heart" on the publication's distinguished playlist, "Mojo's Top 10," in December 2009. Madison Violet also have the unique distinction of being the only Canadians to win the international The John Lennon Songwriting Contest (voted on by a panel of distinguished artists including Elton John, Tim McGraw, Wyclef Jean, Carlos Santana, Black Eyed Peas, Fergie, Natasha Bedingfield, John Legend, Enrique Iglesias & Mary J. Blige.)
Their first disc, "Worry the Jury", was an introduction to the lush arrangements and radio-friendly harmonies that would become a Madison Violet hallmark, with their sophomore album "Caravan" further exploring and incorporating roots-infused, toe-tapping melodies. Their breakthrough album, "No Fool for Trying" enlisted, for the first time, the help of producer Les Cooper, followed by "The Good In Goodbye". Both records showcased Madison Violet's heartfelt (and often heartbreaking) lyrics in brilliant contrast to their uplifting arrangements, pushing their graceful harmonies to the surface.
Madison Violet have sold-out shows across North America, Europe & Australia, and with their new album "Year Of The Horse", they've proven once again that they're among Canada's brightest songwriters.
Awards and Accolades
- 2005 ECMA nomination (Best New Artist)
- 2005 ECMA nomination (Pop Recording of the Year / Worry The Jury)
- 2007 ECMA nomination (Group Recording of the Year / Caravan)
- 2008 ECMA nomination (Folk Recording of the Year / Caravan)
- 2008 Canadian Folk Music Award nomination (Best Vocal Group)
- 2009 Canadian Folk Award - (Best Vocal Group)
- 2009 Winners of the "Maxell Song of the Year Award" from the John Lennon Songwriting Competition - "The Ransom"
- 2010 ECMA nomination (Group Recording of the Year / No Fool for Trying)
- 2010 ECMA nomination (SOCAN Songwriter of the Year/ "Small of my Heart")
- 2010 JUNO Award Nominees - (Roots & Traditional Album of the Year, Group)
- 2011 Independent Music Awards Folk/Singer-Songwriter Song of the Year for "The Ransom"